* Hanging Rock State Park is North Carolina's largest state park. It's 17,000 acres include a lake, hiking trails,
waterfalls, horseback riding trails, and a visitor center.
* The Dan River is especially scenic in Danbury and canoeing, kayaking, and tubing on the Dan are popular pastimes.
Several rental agencies offer livery and shuttle service (see links).
* Historic Danbury
* Danbury Art Market
* Moratock Park and historic iron furnace.
* Historic Rock House
* Priddy General Store, est. 1888, celebrating 120th year continous business at Sheppard Mill Rd. at Pleasant View
Church Rd in Danbury.
* Mabry's Mill & the Blue Ridge Parkway, 30 minutes north.
* Historic Old Salem, 45 minutes south in Winston- Salem, NC.